TC32-TG17 - IP-based Multimedia Business Communications
Scope - Programme of work - Activities
To develop Standards and Technical Reports for IP-based multimedia
communications in a business environment.
Programme of work:
- To identify requirements for IP-based multimedia communication
in a corporate network environment, including architectural,
addressing, mobility, service, protocol, interworking, QoS,
security and management aspects.
- To co-operate with the responsible Task Groups, Technical
Committees and other standardization bodies in order to achieve
where necessary Standards or Technical Reports in these areas.
- To adapt, where necessary, existing standards for narrowband
and broadband PISNs to the requirements of IP-based multimedia
communication in a business environment.
- To develop, where necessary, standards for IP-based interoperation of corporate networks with other networks.
- To promote a worldwide unique set of standards for IP-related
multimedia communication in a business environment.
- To co-ordinate liaison on related matters with ITU-T, ETSI,
TIA, IETF, IMTC, and ISO/IEC JTC1.
- To monitor, and contribute to, related work in other bodies.
- Istvan Sebestyen (Ecma International)