Data Interchange on 130 mm Optical Disk
Cartridge of Type WORM (Write Once Read Many) using Irreversible
Effects - Capacity: 2,6 Gbytes per Cartridge
This Ecma Standard specifies the characteristics of a 130 mm
optical disk cartridge (ODC) of Type WORM (Write Once Read Many)
with a capacity of 2,6 Gbytes. Type WORM ODCs use writing effects
that are inherently irreversible. Written marks cannot be erased
and attempted modification of the written marks are detectable.
This Ecma Standard specifies
- the conditions for conformance testing and the Reference
- the environments in which the cartridges are to be operated
- the mechanical, physical and dimensional characteristics
of the cartridge, so as to provide mechanical interchange ability
between data processing systems;
- the format of the information on the disk, both embossed
and user-written, including the physical disposition of the
tracks and sectors, the error correction codes, the modulation
- the characteristics of the embossed information on the disk;
- the recording characteristics of the disk, enabling processing
systems to write data onto the disk;
- the minimum quality of user-written data on the disk, enabling
data processingsystems to read data from the disk.
This Ecma Standard provides for interchange between optical disk
drives. Together with a standard for volume and file structure it
provides forfull data interchange between data processing systems.
The following files can be freely downloaded:
||2 329 443
||Acrobat (r) PDF file
This Ecma publication is also approved as ISO/IEC 15486.